Cognodata has developed a new methodology for commercial systematics by telephone channel that, combining customer intelligence with the optimization of commercial processes, allows to improve the effectiveness of campaigns between 100% and 300%.
The differential value contribution of this new methodology is based on three pillars:
- Micro-segmentation of customers
- Progressive improvement of the sales pitch
- Improvement in the commercial system in the call center
The telephone channel offers greater commercial control and greater reach to unattended customers
Telemarketing, both in its outbound mode (outgoing sales calls) and inbound mode (commercial use of incoming service calls), is proving to be the most effective non-face-to-face channel. Given the recent needs to reduce commercial capacity in offices, it is configured as a key tool to avoid losing business volume.
Although the effectiveness of this channel is less than that of a commercial advisor in the office, the telephone channel offers some important advantages:
- It allows to react quickly to market changes or commercial opportunities and the control over
the commercial activity is much greater than that obtained over the offices
- It allows the development of non-portfolio clients or clients that preferably use remote channels that
cannot be proactively managed in the office
However, some entities are having difficulty capturing the potential that this channel represents and are obtaining reduced sales rates, generating negative customer experiences through this channel.
Cognodata has developed a methodology that doubles business efficiency
Cognodata provides a new methodology of commercial systematics by telephone channel that allows to improve the efficiency of the campaigns between 100% and 300%. Our differential value is based on three pillars:
- Micro-segmentation of customers: we identify the micro-segments of customers most prone to
contracting through the telephone channel
- Progressive improvement of the sales argument: we increased the success rate of the calls made, by using the
best practices to provide feedback on the base arguments through the design of experiments technique
- Improvement in the commercial system: through the determination of the profile of the agents, the design and execution
of an ad hoc training plan, the establishment of an incentive plan and the preparation of
results monitoring reports
Success story: Cross-selling of life savings through the telephone channel
Our client was successfully using the phone channel for incoming service calls, but the sales campaigns had not generated the expected results. It was decided to test the effectiveness of the telephone channel for the sale of life savings.
A mixed work team was formed with five agents, a supervisor and Cognodata consultants. It began with an analysis of the product and a generation of hypotheses of what differential values ??the client appreciated in the product and in the entity. Initial training was given to agents and a first round of calls was launched. The result was 8% of sales over useful contact, but with the analysis of the results, several areas for improvement were identified:
- The presentation of the accelerated growth and opportunity product was complex and too long
- Two agents did not rebut the low interest rate objection when raised by the client
- For the incomeA-linked-very-prone and family-incomeB-distance segments, the contact was not the
right person in the time slot
Improvements were applied and eleven new generations of dialogue were released, progressively increasing success rates each week. The fourth week the results of microtargeting by telephone channel were incorporated and we managed to make a significant increase in the sales rate up to 32%. Once the process was refined, training was carried out for the extension to the entire call center.
Benefits of the cognodata approach
The accelerated development of the telephone channel following the Cognodata methodology generates a series of short-term benefits:
- Increases the volume of business generated, by increasing the sales ratios per contact
- Allows to gain knowledge of clients and store it for future commercial uses
- Implements a commercial system, which allows a rapid reaction to market changes in
customer acquisition, development and retention actions