Large data collections are present in any organizational setting. Companies have to handle and be able to properly, securely and efficiently manage huge amounts of information. This entire process involves specific security protocols that allow companies, in turn, to make the most of the data collected. The figure of the Data manager is key to success in these practices. In this article we analyze the role of this figure.
Data Manager and data management
Data is an essential part of any project or direction of a business, since it underpins and sustains it: its value and the need to manage it efficiently is undoubted. The Data Management or Data Management is based on the gathering, preservation and use of high volumes of data.
For this use of data to be optimal, organizations have the figure of the Data Manager , a role that displays specific knowledge in technology as well as transversal skills related to various areas .
What are the functions of the Data Manager?
The role of the Data Manager is complex and involves training in various fields. A Data Manager must update their information about the data management systems themselves in addition to the laws or legal framework that apply in the preservation of the data.
Thus, a Data Manager is who:
- Store and save volumes of data on servers, in offices or in cloud-like online applications.
- It generates data and keeps it updated .
- It makes the data available and accessible and ensures that there are backups of the data.
- You analyze this data, and you can develop algorithms to further deepen your analysis.
- Maintains the privacy of the data collected and is responsible for its security.
- It complies with the legal frameworks about the archiving and destruction of data.
Skills and knowledge
For the performance of the role of Data Manager, it is desirable that the person who has this role within the organization stands out in:
- Have the capacity for mathematical and numerical analysis and thinking. The data has to be digitizable, treatable and recoverable.
- Being able to establish cooperative relationships with all departments of a company. Everyone has to be able to go to the data manager and therefore there must be an understanding and knowledge of their role in the company.
- Be interested in and kept up-to-date with technological and security developments. The Data Manager is a person highly motivated by information and technology publishing.
- Know how to transfer the business and apply the data and its analysis to the mission of the company and the specific products or services it offers.
Efficiency in data management
The success of Data Management comes from accepting that the role of data in organizations is to direct the steps of the business. The Data Manager is able to identify what trends and behaviors occur in a market from data analysis, for example.
Due to the importance of data and those decisions based on it, one has to seek both the reliability of that data and explore new ways of obtaining it. The creation of data models streamlines and improves the data analysis process, allowing us to go further in the conclusions of what other tools promote.
In conclusion, we can say that if machine learning and artificial intelligence strategies are implemented in Data Management and the treatment of databases, an improved performance is obtained that also makes the searches themselves profitable and the behavior of the user in front of the collection of data.