Invisalign Lite is the most basic version of orthodontics with Invisalign invisible aligners .
It is indicated to correct small malpositions in the teeth in adult patients – in other cases, orthodontists will opt for the Invisalign First or Invisalign Teen versions .
Join me in this article to know in depth what Invisalign Lite consists of, what advantages it has compared to other orthodontic methods and in which cases it is especially indicated.
What is Invisalign Lite?
Many patients undergo orthodontic treatment more than once in their lives . This is due, generally, to the fact that at the time they did not make an adequate use of the retainers or, on the contrary, to the eruption of the wisdom teeth .
As a result, your teeth have moved over time, and again they are not perfectly aligned again.
Invisalign Lite is an orthodontic method aimed at correcting slight dental malpositions : slight crowding, slight interdental spaces -diastemas-, etc.
For this reason, this treatment is especially aimed at patients who have very mild occlusion problems or who, on the contrary, must correct small residual problems that have arisen over time once they have completed their first orthodontic procedure. Benefits Of Invisalign 7 Advantages Or Reasons To Choose.
Invisalign Lite has up to 14 sets of splints with which, gradually, small movements will be made on the teeth.
In this way, at the end of the treatment, the patient will have their teeth perfectly aligned and the occlusion problems will have ended.
In which cases should Invisalign Lite be used?
Next, we are going to list the most common occlusion problems that Invisalign Lite solves:
- Mild diastemas : if the gap between the teeth is small, it is possible that the Lite version can correct the diastema in a period of about 7 months -approximately-.
- Slight dental crowding that prevents perfect alignment.
- Small individual rotations , generally in the form of small alterations – more visible in the frontal pieces – that spoil the patient’s smile.
What are the differences between Invisalign Lite and Invisalign Full?
While Invisalign Lite is recommended to correct small malpositions, Invisalign Full is the most common and complete treatment from Align Technology.
It is so effective that it can correct 90% of alignment and bite problems – crowding, individual rotations, diastemas, crossbite, etc. Advantages and disadvantages of clear aligners.
The main differences between the two are the following:
- Number of sets of aligners : while Invisalign Lite consists of up to 14 sets, Invisalign Full includes an unlimited number of them – those necessary to achieve a perfect occlusion.
- The time of treatment : Lite version lasts approximately 7 to 8 months while a patient addressing Full Invisalign treatment should take the appliance 14 to about 18 months , a year and a half.
- Refinements are sets of additional splints requested in case, at the end of the treatment, the orthodontic result can be improved. In this case, the Lite version of Invisalign only includes one refinement, while the Full version includes up to 3 different refinements.
- The price of the treatment . And it is that Invisalign Lite, by requiring a smaller number of aligners and, therefore, treatment time, is cheaper than Invisalign Full.
The choice of one or the other should be made by the orthodontist who addresses the case.
To do this, they will previously carry out an orthodontic study and assess the condition of the patient’s mouth. In this way, you will be able to determine the malpositions to correct and what is the most appropriate treatment in your case.
What are the advantages of Invisalign Lite?
Invisalign treatment has its main advantage in the use of splints or transparent aligners .
These are made to measure for each patient in a transparent thermoformable material, so that they go completely unnoticed when they are worn -even at very short distances-.
While orthodontics with braces is cumbersome and cumbersome, Invisalign treatment is discreet, comfortable and highly aesthetic .
In addition, Invisalign is a removable orthodontic method. Therefore, the patient can remove the aligners to eat and brush their teeth.
This option is advantageous in two different ways:
- On the one hand, it is a more hygienic method . And, unlike other fixed orthodontic treatments, with Invisalign you can brush your teeth normally and without any difficulty. In this way, you will keep your mouth healthy and avoid gum inflammation during the procedure.
- On the other, you can eat whatever you want while the orthodontic treatment lasts , without any restrictions.
In addition, orthodontics with Invisalign is more comfortable than other fixed methods for other reasons, such as:
- The review appointments are shorter , and not having to change the bands or bows.
- The aligners do not cause sores or chafing on the inside of the cheeks.
- Thanks to the Clincheck tool , you will be able to visualize through a 3D recreation how your smile will be after finishing the treatment .
However, it also has a couple of cons compared to traditional braces.
What are its disadvantages compared to braces?
Indeed, Invisalign Lite also has certain drawbacks compared to fixed orthodontic methods.
In this regard, we must point out two main disadvantages.
First of all, Invisalign Lite requires the collaboration of the patient . And it is that he must commit to wearing the aligners for at least 22 hours a day.
Otherwise, the splints will not perform the planned dental movements and the treatment will take a long time.
Second, Invisalign is a less affordable method than braces . With this, we do not mean that the cost of this treatment is exorbitant, but that the traditional metal brackets or their aesthetic version -sapphire brackets- have a cheaper price.
How much does an Invisalign Lite treatment cost in Madrid?
The price of orthodontic treatment with Invisalign will depend on the complexity of the case and, therefore, on the duration of the treatment.
In order to give you an approximate price , you should know that, in our dental clinic in Alcobendas, the approximate cost of a treatment with Invisalign Lite is 3,000 euros .
Within this amount, it is included:
- The previous orthodontic study – taking X-rays and photographs and evaluation by a qualified orthodontist.
- The planning of treatment by ClinCheck® tool.
- All the necessary aligners to achieve a perfect smile.
- The cost of monthly check-ups with our team of orthodontists.
- A unique refinement .
Have different payment facilities , so that they are easily adjusted to the needs of our patients. Among the most requested is financing for up to 60 months or a discount of 5% of the total amount of the treatment by paying it in a single payment.
Dental clinic trained to deal with Invisalign Lite cases
At abc we are certified as an Invisalign Provider . This is a distinction awarded by Align Technology -house that develops the Invisalign brand- to clinics whose specialists have completed a training course to address orthodontic treatments with invisible aligners.
If you have small problems, a slightly crooked tooth, or you are not satisfied with the final result of your last orthodontic treatment, at our dental clinic in Alcobendas we will be happy to study your case and determine if it can be solved with Invisalign Lite.
Request a free appointment with our team by filling in the form on our website or, if you prefer, by calling 91 654 17 13 and start enjoying a new smile.