Elden Ring reveals its technical characteristics
The FromSoftware title will go on sale next February. Bandai Namco confirms new information for each version.
Bandai Namco has included more information about each version of Elden Ring on the official game portal. The company, in the question and answer section , offers a more technical look at what we can expect from the long-awaited FromSoftware video game , planned for February 25 on PlayStation, Xbox and PC consoles. The ray tracing (ray tracing) is available through a patch PS5, Xbox Series X and PC; although they have not given a date.
It may interest you:
- The new Mass Effect dazzles with a new poster and Mass Effect will continue
- Elden Ring reveals its technical characteristics and 4K, 60 FPS mode
Two graphic modes on PS5 and Xbox Series X; Elden Ring prepares for the next-gen
The confirmation that the Elden Ring will work in 4K resolution on next-gen consoles is something that shouldn’t surprise anyone; The peculiarity is that the title of Hidetaka Miyazaki, as we have seen in previous cases, will have two graphics modes in PS5 and Xbox X Series .
The first will be a Performance Mode to adjust the resolution until reaching 60 FPS. Presumably a dynamic resolution that will range from Full HD to Ultra HD depending on the stress of the sequence. On the other hand, a Resolution Mode that will guarantee 3840 x 2160p (4K), in exchange for constant playability at 30 FPS.
Players Xbox Series S , the only digital console Microsoft with lower power prices without playing 4K, allow also choose from Performance Mode and Resolution Mode, but here the maximum resolution of 2560x1440p be. All consoles will have HDR support . Finally, on PC you can play Elden Ring in 4K resolution with up to 60 FPS; a ceiling of frames per second that, in previous cases like Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, was eliminated over the days by means of mods .
Finally, something that will satisfy users with PS4 and Xbox One: it will be possible to transfer the saved data to PS5 and Xbox Series X | S ; In addition, the Smart Delivery model will be present on Microsoft machines .
This is the technical configuration of Elden Ring:
- PS4: resolution up to 1920 x 1080p at 30 FPS. HDR compatible.
- PS4 Pro: 3200 x 1800p resolution (with checkerboard) up to 30 FPS. HDR compatible.
- Xbox One: resolution up to 1600 x 900 at 30 FPS.
- Xbox One X: resolution up to 3840 x 2160p at 30 FPS. HDR compatible.
- PS5: Resolution up to 3840 x 2160p with up to 60 FPS. Compatible with HDR and Ray-Tracing (patch).
- Xbox Series X: resolution up to 3840 x 2160p with up to 60 FPS. Compatible with HDR and Ray-Tracing (patch).
- Xbox Series S: resolution up to 2560 x 1440p with up to 60 FPS. HDR compatible.
Elden Ring goes on sale next February 25 for PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S and PC.